Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trying to be Thankful…

I know that November is a month about being thankful for all that we have, and I have so much to be thankful for…

I am thankful for having a loving family that taught me to be a respectful and kind adult through modeling those behaviors from day one.

I am thankful for having someone by my side day in and day out who understands my frustrations, and helps me to be positive even when I don't want to be.

I am thankful for a job that pays me enough so that I can live how I want to, regardless of how frustrating that job might be at times.

I am thankful for the opportunity to live somewhere so different from the place I call home, and I am thankful for all that I am learning while we're up here.

I am thankful for being home in my warm house, after a good day at school, but a very frustrating evening.

On another note....

Max and I have been encouraged to partake in cultural gatherings by many people, especially the postmaster, Abe. He is one of the elders who is in charge of eskimo dancing. This is what eskimo dancing is, even though its from a different area:


By the way, today was a beautiful day, and Max and I had a wonderful afternoon walking around in the sunshine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment